22 Reasons we Love Buffy the Vampire Slayer
By Anne Perry
Posted on December 22, 2014 in Hodderscape Advent with tags Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Spike
We’ve spent all year talking about Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but we’ve never actually explained why we love it so much. Today seems like a good day for a list!
22. Spike. Those cheekbones!
21. It’s funny.
20. It’s also serious.
19. And sometimes genuinely heartbreaking.
18. Let’s not even talk about The Body.
17. Giles is great. Why didn’t our school have librarians like him?
16. So’s Spike. He’s great.
15. Fine, so’s Angel.
14. One of us even likes Riley.
13. The rest of us don’t agree, but we’re all willing to listen.
12. Honestly, Buffy is so funny.
11. Hey, remember the musical episode? We can still sing it entirely from memory.
10. No, really. ‘I’m under your spell’ ‘bunnies, bunnies, it must be bunnies’ ‘every single night the same arrangement/ I go out and fight the fight/ still I only feel/a strange estrangement/ nothing here is real/ nothing here is right.’
9. Spike’s red shirt.
8. Hey, remember the silent episode? Was there ever a creepier villain than the Gentlemen?
7. (The answer is no.)
6. OMG, Faith. She gave us feels.
5. Hey, Buffy isn’t just smart and funny and heartbreaking. It’s also progressive. Tara!
4. Oh, god. Tara. *weeps* Let’s go look at Spike gifs.
3. Vamp Willow. Who’d win in a Faith vs. Vamp Willow fight? We honestly have no idea.
2. Once More With Feeling. The Body. Homecoming. Amends. Restless. Hush. The Gift. SO MANY GREAT EPISODES.