12 Christmas crafts for geeks
By Sarah Tong
Posted on November 16, 2016 in Books, Craft Corner with tags Christmas
Add some awesome to your Christmas with these 10 crafty creations. From subtly bookish ornaments, to the not-so-subtle full sized tentacle covered trees, here at hodderscape we have it all!
1. Decorate your tree with teeny tiny books
This tutorial is specifically for our favourite school of witchcraft and wizardry, but can easily be tailored to any book that makes you feel the christmas magic
2. Show your colours with these DIY Game of Thrones Snowflakes
Let your nerd flag fly!
Source: True Blue Me & You
3. Pay homage to Arthur Conan Doyle with this subtle shout out to Sherlock
Just in time for the Sherlock Christmas special
4. Repurpose holiday cookie cutters for the Great Galactic War
Who’da thunk the Millennium Falcon was the exact same shape as a Christmas bauble
Source: Sweet Sugar Belle
5. Revisit the books of your childhood with a Dr. Seuss themed Christmas tree
This one is actually loads of tutorials in one, that combine to make a whole tree of Dr. Seuss perfection. You are welcome.
Source: A Pop of Pretty
6. If in doubt, freak ’em out, with the Cthulhu Tree
Alternatively, if (like me) you prefer your Christmas a little more on the nerdy side of nerdy, bring Cthulhu into your homes this Christmas with the Cthulhu Christmas tree! You can buy finger tentacles here. Bonus : these ones glow in the dark.
Source: Geyser of Awesome
7. Spread the Christmas cheer with Marvin the Android
“Here I am, brain the size of a planet, and they ask me to hang about on the tree. Call that job satisfaction? Cause I don’t.”
8. Construct a towering gingerbread Burrows
If you’re going to make a gingerbread house, why not make the most complicated and precarious looking house ever invented?
9. Transform boring non-awesome Christmas lights into these Lightsaber Lights
Because Christmas is important, even for Jedi Knights.
Source: Desert Chica
10. Stay warm (and adorable) with this stupidly cute Dire wolf costume
Hint : Easily alterable for adult size
Source: Rust and Sunshine
10. Cut up an old book and craft a beautiful Christmas card
Now, most book lovers will quake at the thought of cutting up the book – but these do look rather lovely.
11. Put your feet up with a mug of home made Butter Beer
Have a Harry Potter Holiday!
12. Make some book baubles with match boxes
Stick your favourite cover around a matchbox and create a cute bookish ornament for your tree. What you do with all those left over matches is up to you…